PEACHES WHITE FLESH CLASS #1 1/2KG
PEACHES WHITE FLESH (2-3 APPROX )
Six Cool Facts About Peaches
Take a bite out of this fuzzy, juicy summertime fruit with these facts about peaches.
1. Peaches are grown commercially in 28 states. The top four peach-producing states are California, South Carolina, Georgia and New Jersey. California produces both fresh and processed peaches, whereas South Carolina and Georgia produce mainly fresh peaches.
2. The two basic types of peaches are clingstone and freestone. In clingstone peaches, the flesh “clings” to the “stone” of the peach, making it difficult to separate. This type is more suitable for processing. The pit of freestone peaches “freely” separates from the flesh, making it ideal for fresh consumption.
3. According to the National Agricultural Statistics Service, in 2010, roughly 80 percent of processed peaches were canned and 16 percent were frozen.
4. Fresh market peaches are available from May through September.
5. The peach is a member of the rose family, and there are over 700 varieties of the fruit.
6. A large peach has fewer than 70 calories and contains 3 grams of fiber. It’s also a good source of vitamins A and C