CHILLI BULLET (BABY) 100g
CHILLI BULLET (2 HANDFULS APPROX )
Top 10 facts about chillies
1. Chillies were being eaten in Central and South America as long ago as 7,000BC, which gives them claims to be the world’s oldest condiment.
2. The small, round Chiltepin chilli pepper was used as a tax payment, paid to Aztec emperors.
3. Chilli strength is measured in SHUs (Scoville Heat Units).
4. Scoville ratings range from zero for bell peppers to 16 million Scoville units for pure capsaicin (the chemical giving a chilli its heat).
5. The world record for eating pickled jalapeno chillis is 275 in eight minutes.
Chillies originated in the Americas. They were brought to Spain in 1493 by Diego Alvarez Chanca
6. The hottest part of a chilli is where the seed is attached to the white membrane inside the pepper.
7. The village of Hatch in New Mexico describes itself as the chilli capital of the world.
8. Chillies originated in the Americas. They were brought to Spain in 1493 by Diego Alvarez Chanca, a physician who sailed with Columbus.
9. In February 2012, a Moruga Scorpion chilli was the first to measure over 2,000,000 Scoville units.
10. The measure equals the degree of dilution needed before you can no longer taste the heat.