1. Cabbage is one of the oldest vegetables, dating back to the 1600’s.
2. Cabbage is available in many varieties: red or purple, green and Napa cabbage, usually found in Chinese cooking, bok choi and Brussel Sprouts.
3. Cabbage is: Low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, High in Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Potassium, Manganese, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron and Magnesium.
4. The largest cabbage dish ever made was on 19 December 2008 in the Macedonian city of Prilep, with 80,191 sarmas (cabbage rolls) weighing 544 kg (1,221 lbs).
5. A thick-witted person may be called a cabbagehead. In Hebrew, the term “rosh kruv” (cabbagehead) implies stupidity.
6. Drinking juiced cabbage is known to assist in curing stomach and intestinal ulcers.
7. If one is looking for ingredients of a low calorie diet, cabbage is at the top of the list. One cup of cabbage only holds about 15 calories. It is definitely a weight-loss food.
8. Cabbage contains quantities of fiber and iron, which help to keep the digestive tract and colon in a healthy condition.